AC cooling tips for larger houses
When the weather heats up in Merritt Island, so does the temperature inside your home. And if you don't have air conditioning, or if your AC isn't adequate for the size of your home, you may be looking for some cooling tips to help keep your home comfortable.
Here are some AC cooling tips for larger houses:
- Install ceiling fans. Ceiling fans can help circulate air and make a room feel cooler, even if the air temperature isn't actually any lower.
- Use portable fans. Place them in strategic locations, like in front of a window or near a door, to help move the air around.
- Keep the windows covered. During the hottest hours of the day, keep the sun from coming in by closing the curtains or blinds on your windows.
- Use a whole-house fan. If you have a larger home, you may want to consider installing a whole-house fan. This can help circulate the air and cool your home down quickly.
- Don't use the oven. On hot days, avoid using the oven as it will make your home even hotter.
- Use cold water. When you need to cool down quickly, take a cold shower or bath. The cold water will help lower your body temperature and make you feel more comfortable.
- Consider planting shade trees and/or shrubbery around the home or foundation to increase cooling.