When Should You Get Your Air Conditioner Serviced?
Once the temperature has finally dropped, your air conditioner may be the last thing on your mind. But give it a few months and it’s back to front and center when things heat back up.
Floridians in Brevard County understand the need for a working AC. With frequent 100-degree days, AC is a necessity for comfort. Getting caught without it doesn’t just make for an uncomfortable day, it can have serious consequences for the young, for the elderly, and for pets. Don’t let your AC catch you by surprise. Take note of these signs and call a reputable Brevard County air conditioning repair service if you encounter them.
Signs You Need to Have Your Air Conditioner Serviced
Failing to heed the warning signs of AC trouble can spell trouble for your unit. If any of these things are currently happening, give a skilled Brevard County air conditioning service a call to have it looked at.
- Your unit is making weird noises: Does something sound off? Like your unit is working too hard? There may be an issue that needs to be looked at.
- Your unit isn’t making any noise: Ahh, the sweet sound of silence. While we can all enjoy a reprieve from noise, if your unit is completely silent because your outside fan isn’t running, that’s a problem.
- Your unit is not working as well as it used: There are many reasons your air conditioner may not feel as efficient as it did in previous years. The easiest fix is to change your air filter. Other issues may require a trained technician. Low refrigerant, faulty wiring, frozen coils, or a failing compressor can all affect how well your unit works.
- Your unit is giving off a weird smell: Most of us experience a bit of an odor when we turn on a long dormant unit, however, if the odor persists for more than a day or if something smells like it’s burning when you’re running your AC, you should have your unit serviced.
- Your outside unit appears to be leaking: If you’re seeing pooled water around your outside unit, your drain may be clogged. An inspection can determine the cause and keep mold from growing.
Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
To ensure your AC is working optimally, you’ll want to have it looked at yearly for maintenance. This can help save you money over the long-term and extend the life of your AC.
Air conditioner maintenance includes:
- Replacing the air filter
- Cleaning the coils
- Removing dirt, dust, and debris from the unit
- Ensuring drains are clear
- Monitoring refrigerant
- Inspecting electrical components
- Checking for any problematic elements such as leaks and poor airflow
Having your unit inspected yearly not only keeps your AC running, but it can help improve the energy efficiency of your AC. Plus, if any issues are found, you can fix them before they become more problematic.
Finding the Right Brevard County Air Conditioning Service
If you’re ready to have your AC checked, give us a call. Whether you need assistance at your home or your business, Page Air Inc. provides professional service and installation. We offer emergency service if needed as well as Saturday hours so your unit can be serviced on your schedule.
Nervous about the cost? If you think you may have to replace your AC, don’t sweat it! At Page Air, we offer financing to help our clients work a new unit into their budgets. Plus, we offer a free sales consultation so you can learn about your options and make an informed choice.
Page Air, Inc., offers air conditioning service throughout Brevard County. Give us a call today to set up an appointment and experience our exceptional service for yourself.