HVAC tips heading into the fall season
As the weather cools and we begin to spend more time indoors in Melbourne, FL, now is the perfect time to make sure your HVAC system is running efficiently. With a few simple tips, you can save money on your energy bills and keep your family comfortable all season long.
- Schedule a maintenance check. Before you start using your heater for the season, it’s a good idea to have a professional inspect and clean your system. This will help ensure that it’s running properly and can help prevent future problems.
- Change your filters. Dirty filters can lead to a variety of problems, including decreased efficiency and indoor air quality issues. Be sure to check your filters monthly and replace them as needed.
- Keep your vents clear. Vents that are blocked by furniture or other objects can’t do their job properly. Make sure all of your vents are clear and open to allow for proper airflow.
- Use a programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat can help you save money by automatically adjusting the temperature when you’re not home. By setting it to a lower temperature when you’re away, you can save on your energy bills without sacrificing comfort.
- Consider a zoned system. If you have a large home, a zoned system can be a great way to save energy. With a zoned system, you can control the temperature in different areas of your home separately. This allows you to only heat or cool the areas that you’re using, which can save you a significant amount of money.