Why Is My AC Not Cooling My House?
Feeling the frustration of an AC that's not cooling your house? Page Air is here to uncover the reasons behind this discomfort.
- Dirty Filters: Clogged filters limit airflow, reducing cooling performance. Regular replacements or cleanings are vital for proper airflow and efficient cooling.
- Thermostat Issues: At times, it's a minor oversight. Verify thermostat settings for the desired temperature and cooling mode. Incorrect settings can cause insufficient cooling.
- Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels can impair cooling efficiency. If your AC is low on refrigerant, it might not cool effectively. Professional assessment and potential recharge can resolve this issue.
- Blocked Condenser Unit: Outdoor condenser units need space to release heat. Obstructions like debris or plants can hinder performance. Keep the area clear for better cooling.
- Ductwork Leaks: Leaky ducts let cooled air escape, causing uneven cooling and discomfort. Sealing leaks improves cooling efficiency.
- Insufficient Maintenance: Neglected systems can accumulate dirt and suffer from worn-out components, hindering cooling performance. Regular Maintenance is vital.
- Aging System: If your AC unit is old and worn, it might struggle to cool effectively. Over time, components wear out, leading to reduced efficiency and comfort.
Page Air's experienced technicians specialize in diagnosing AC issues and providing effective solutions. We're committed to restoring your comfort by addressing the root causes of cooling problems.